Monday, October 29, 2012

Children's Congress 2013

So, I got an email the other day from Juvenation(kind of like facebook for diabetics through JDRF). It was about the 2013 Children's Congress. I had never heard of this before so I decided to look it up. It's held every two years in Washington, D.C. 150 applicants from across America meet there with members of Congress. The representatives explain to members of Congress what life with diabetes is like and why research to find the cure for diabetes and its complications is so critical. They urge Congress to take action to help cure, treat, and prevent type 1 diabetes. 

I think that this is awesome. Just saying. 

So...I am in the process of applying to be a representative for Indiana. I'm really hoping I get chosen. I have no idea what the chances are of me being selected, but I thought I may as well try. The deadline is on Thursday, November 1. If you haven't applied, you should! Even if I don't get chosen, it would be pretty cool if you did!! If you'd like to apply the link is:  http://www.jdrf.org/index.cfm?page_id=115193

Have any of you ever gotten to be part of the Children's Congress before? What's it like? Let me know!! :)


Good night!!

Love, 
Sam :)

No comments: