Thursday, November 1, 2012

Insulin Pumps

I'm not sure if you have an insulin pump or not, but I do :) and it's pretty amazing :)

I have the Animas "Ping." I seriously love it! It's awesome because it came with a One Touch meter that acts like kind of a remote to the pump. I'll be honest... I don't usually use the remote whenever I enter in for food or for a correction. I will sometimes if I'm wearing a skirt or dress. It comes in handy for that. Another reason I love it is because it's completely waterproof. I can seriously swim in my pool without taking it off.. which is awesome :)

OmniPod Insulin Pump
When I went to the pump classes at my diabetes center, there were 3 different ones I could choose from. One option was the OmniPod. The OmniPod is really unique because it is the only insulin pump that doesn't have wires. The insulin is in the Pod which is attached to your skin. In each Pod there is a little computer. You enter in using the remote for it. It was also waterproof. The more I look into the OmiPod, the more I like it. So maybe this will be my next pump....who knows??

What it looks like on











There was also the Medronic MiniMed Paradigm. Pretty much the only reason I didn't get this one was because it was water resistant and not waterproof. Other than that I really liked it. With the MiniMed you can use a CGM with it, which is pretty awesome :)




What it looks like on along with the CGM


So, if you don't have a pump and are thinking about getting one, I would definitely call your diabetes center and they can help you like they did for me!


Have a fantastic day!

No comments: