Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dang it's been a while!!

I haven't posted anything on here since November...sorry about that!! So I am very anxious to find out whether or not I got accepted into the 2013 Children's Congress! I am supposed to find out sometime this month. So if I get accepted, I will get to go to Washington, D.C. over the summer! But if I don't get accepted I will be going to the FCCLA National Conference in Nashville, TN. Which would still be awesome since I went to FCCLA National Cluster Meeting in Indianapolis and my Knowledge Bowl team finished first and moved on to compete in Nashville. That would still be awesome and a but going to DC would completely be a once in a lifetime opportunity so that's why I'm so freakin excited to find out!!

Oh and I am totally making this post from my new 5th generation iPod touch that my lovely parents got me from Christmas!! It's amazing and I love it so much!! Haha and I even got the Glucose Buddy app to log all my numbers! I got the free version and its totally worth checking out if you haven't already! Did anyone out there reading this get something completely amazing for Christmas? Comment and tell me and everyone else if ya wanna!!
Love you guys!! I definitely hope to be posting more for those of you that read this!
~Sam :)

6 comments:

m'sviewtype1 said...

I like your blog. I am a T1D for 5 years and I also applied to Children's Congress. I am 13 years old and I have 2 other T1D's in my 7th grade class. I have a blog called www.type1diabeticdaily.blogsplot.com. I hope you are able to go to Washington!

Samantha said...

Hey! Have you heard back about Children's Congress yet? I haven't and am super anxious!! And I really like you're blog too!! You seem really cool and sweet :)

m'sviewtype1 said...

No, I haven't heard yet! I am anxious too. I will let you know if I hear anything. I just started using my new pump, (Animas Ping). So far, I really like it. Talk to you soon....

Samantha said...

I'll let you know too! And I'm glad you like it so far :)

m'sviewtype1 said...

I recieved my letter from JDRF today and I was not selected to go this time. I am disappointed but maybe I will try again next time. Hope you have better luck!

Samantha said...

That stinks!! I haven't got mine yet. I emailed them and I should receive it early next week.. I'm really, really hoping i am selected...I'm almost 17 so I won't be able to apply again... I'll definitely post on here whether or not I make it :)