Monday, February 11, 2013

Got My Letter Finally!

Ok guys so I got my letter for Children's Congress...sadly I wasn't selected.. But, on the bright side I get to go to the FCCLA National Leadership Conference in Nashville! East Central's Knowledge Bowl Team will not be broken up!!
In the letter I received, it said:
"We understand that you won't be able to apply to future Children's Congresses so keep reading to find out how else you can advocate for the type 1 diabetes community. Just as JDRF is bigger than any one person, it is also bigger than any one event. While we cannot invite you to attend Children's Congress in July, we would be honored if you would consider being a part of JDRF's local advocacy efforts, the 2014 Promise to Remember Me Campaign, which will be launched during the coming summer."

So I would meet with my members of congress in district offices and I'd serve as a role model and spokesperson in my state working towards finding a cure.

I was just wondering if everyone's letter said that or just mine? I haven't yet decided if I will do it or not...what do you think I should do???

No comments: